Palmyra Island Naval Air
August 18, 1942
- The photograph of the Palmyra Island Naval Air station
- crew below was taken on Palmyra Island on Aug 18, 1942.
- The names of the seamen along with details of their
respective ranks are also included.
Palmyra Island Naval Air Station,
August 18, 1942.
First Row: CRM Alvey, Ensign Lewis, Lt.
Cooper, Lt. Stanton, Lt. Headrick, Ensign Rice
- Second Row: RM3/C Maloy, RM3/C Dyson, S2/C Koontz, Y2/C
- RM2/C St. John, RM1/C Givens, RM2/C Karnes, RM3/C Jones
- Third Row: RM2/C Norris, RM2/C Gaskill, RM3/C Anderton,
- RM3/C Duenas, RM3/C Tierney, RM3/C Hood
- CRM = Chief Radioman, RM1/C = Radioman First Class, RM2/C
- Second Class, RM3/C = Radioman Third Class, S2/C = Seaman
- Y2/C = Yeoman Second Class
Photo Courtesy: Carolyn Givens, M.D.
Soak in the enchanting sounds of the
sun-drenched Oceania/Pacific Islands coming to you in 64kbps FM
- Palmyra Island
- Jane's Oceania